We have lawyers in my firm who regularly handle nursing home malpractice and abuse cases all over Georgia. One of them called my attention to the new government web site that included ratings of nursing homes.
The 17 Georgia nursing homes rated "much above average" include:
- A.G. Rhodes Home (Marietta)
- Brightmoor (Griffin)
- Carlyle Place (Macon)
- College Park Health Care Center
- Dade Health & Rehab (Trenton)
- Family Life Enrichment Center (High Shoals)
- Golden Living Center (Rome)
- Gwinnett Extended Care Center
- Heritage Healthcare (Toomsboro)
- James B. Craig Center (Milledgeville)
- Kentwood (Augusta)
- Presbyterian Village (Austell)
- Providence (Sparta)
- Regency Park (Dalton)
- Riverside (Thomaston)
- Rosehaven (Thomasville)
- Willowbrooke (Gainesville)
But out of 358 nursing homes in Georgia, 115 rate "much below average." Too many to list here.
Ken Shigley is a trial attorney in Atlanta, Georgia . He has been rated as a "Super Lawyer" (Atlanta Magazine), one of the "Legal Elite" (Georgia Trend Magazine), and a Certified Civil Trial Advocate (National Board of Trial Advocacy,). Mr. Shigley is currently Secretary of the 40,000 member State Bar of Georgia. To increase capacity for handling more and larger cases, he recently became "of counsel" with the law firm of Chambers, Aholt & Rickard.