Interstate Trucking Litigation Group seminar in San Francisco
Today I’m heading home from the American Association for Justice annual meeting in San Francisco. On Saturday, I was one of the speakers at the Interstate Trucking Litigation Group seminar. I had a fairly dry topic, though one necessary in these difficult economic times, "Hard Times in Trucking Litigation: What to Do When the Trucking Defendant or Insurer Goes Under."
Some of the other topics covered in the interstate trucking seminar included:
- Overlooked Issues in Maximizing Damages in a Trucking Case
- Unique Discovery Issues in Trucking Cases
- When Low Speeds Can Cause Big Injuries: Understanding What Happens When a Big Truck Hits a Small Car
- Overdriving Headlights and Other Night Driving Issues in Interstate Trucking Cases
- Truck vs. Motorcycle
- Ethical Considerations in Interstate Trucking Cases
- The Small Commercial Vehicle Case
- Finding Insurance in Truck Crash Cases
- Brain Injuries in Trucking Cases
Though I have to leave for the airport before the business meeting, I will go on the board of the Interstate Trucking Litigation Group, and will be on the faculty of the "trucking litigation college" program this fall.
For criteria useful in selecting an attorney, see The Smart Consumer’s Guide to Hiring a Great Lawyer.
Ken Shigley is a trial attorney in Atlanta, Georgia who has been listed among the "Legal Elite" (Georgia Trend Magazine), as a "Super Lawyer" (Atlanta Magazine), and in the Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers (Martindale). He is a Certified Civil Trial Advocate of the National Board of Trial Advocacy. Mr. Shigley has extensive experience representing parties in trucking and bus accidents, products liability, catastrophic personal injury, wrongful death, brain injury, spinal cord injury and burn injury cases. Currently he is Treasurer of the 40,000 member State Bar of Georgia.