People who have sustained a brain injury are often advised to keep a detailed calendar and lists to help them keep track of tasks in their lives. I have seen the necessity and helpfulness of this strategy up close in my family. The traditional Day-Timer calendars have been helpful to people near and dear to me with brain injuries. Now Day-Timer is marketing a Brain Injury Recovery Kit for $349.99.
The Kit comes in a large colorful box, which is easy to locate and contains supplies for five steps. The steps of the program are presented as individual entities, rather than part of a large process, to help increase overall efficiency of the kit. Some of the components within the steps include:
1. DVD tutorial – The DVD, hosted by creator, Lisa Keller, is used to help the Experiencing Person and his/her family learn about brain injury and recovery in a clear, easy-to-understand format.
2. Buddy Book – The family and friends of the experiencing person can learn how to support an individual with brain injury with the help of the Buddy Book.
3. The 4 Keys – In order to help remind the Experiencing Person and the buddy about how to reach to recovery, there are four keys: Buddy, Rest, Acceptance and Routine.
4. DayTimer Planner – Organization and routine are essential to recovery, so the DayTimer planner is included to help improve short-term memory, attention span and organization skills. The planner comes in a bright orange color to make it easy to locate.
5. Electronic Message Center – An easy-to-use voice recorder that encourages two of the most important methods for remembering: repetition and reminders.
The Shigley Law Firm represents plaintiffs in wrongful death and catastrophic injury cases statewide in Georgia, and in other states subject to the multijurisdictional practice and pro hac vice rules in each state. Ken Shigley was designated as a "SuperLawyer" in Atlanta Magazine and one of the "Legal Elite" in Georgia Trend Magazine. He is a Certified Civil Trial Advocate of the National Board of Trial Advocacy, Chair of the Southeastern Motor Carrier Liability Institute and former chair of the Georgia Insurance Law Institute. He particularly focuses on cases arising from truck wrecks and accidents (tractor trailers truck wrecks, semi truck wrecks,18 wheeler truck wrecks, big rig truck wrecks, log truck wrecks, dump truck wrecks.