Metro Atlanta’s 10 worst intersections
The Atlanta Regional Commission determined these to be the 10 most crash-prone intersections in the region. This is old news, but I doubt that the results would be much different now.
– Austell Road at East-West Connector (Cobb)
– Barrett Parkway at Cobb Place Boulevard (Cobb)
– Cobb Parkway at Barrett Parkway (Cobb)
– Tara Boulevard at North Avenue (Clayton)
– Sigman Road at Walnut Grove Road (Rockdale)
– Buford Highway at Lenox Road (Fulton)
– Chastain Road at Busbee Parkway (Cobb)
– Alpharetta Highway at Houze Way (Fulton)
– Austell Road at South Cobb Drive (Cobb)
– Roswell Road at Abernathy Road (Fulton)
Worst time of day: 5-6 p.m.
Age group with most accidents: 25-34
County with most accidents: Fulton
Frequency of fatal crashes: One every 15.6 hours
County with most accidents involving pedestrians: Fulton
County with fatal accidents involving pedestrians: Fulton
Source: Atlanta Regional Commission, study period, 2002-2004; scope, 18-county metro area
Ken Shigley iis a seasoned trial lawyer in metro Atlanta. A Certified Civil Trial Advocate of the National Board of Trial Advocacy, he is also a Master of the Lamar Inn of Court at Emory Law School, a faculty member for ten years at the Emory University Law School Trial Techniques Program, and was recently elected Secretary of the 39,000 member State Bar of Georgia.